Saturday, March 25, 2006

Update on Duncan Ziro

Our good friend Duncan is doing great this semester at Daystar Christian University. We are thrilled to see him doing so well – the first Giryama we know to have the chance for a university education! It’s all because of people like you – Thatcher, Brandt, Conder, Garner, Talley, Bookout, Lipscomb, the ladies at New Braunfels, and others – that Duncan has this opportunity. Thank you!

Duncan is working on a double major, Bible and Community Development. This semester, he is enrolled in 15 hours. His classes include Romans, Intro to Economics, Modern Africa, History of Christianity and Rural Appropriate Technology. He continues to perform really well too. His GPA for the Fall 2005 semester was 3.45! That’s incredible for anyone, much less a young man who grew up in a mud hut!

Duncan recently sent us an email. Here are some excerpts from his note:

Hi bro!
I am fine in the Lord and my hope and prayer is that you and your family are fine too. Please pass my greetings to mucheo na anao [your wife and children].

Naenderera na mashomo tototo [I’m doing well with my studies]. I remain with 31 credit hours before I graduate. This is like two semesters.

I want to thank you very much brother for your support and for just being a friend. I also want to thank all brothers and sisters who have committed themselves to see that I do my bachelors. If it were not for such friends God have touched, I would be at Bore [his home village] I don’t know doing what – maybe nikihega mathali [catching mice for food]. God bless you abundantly.


Yes, God bless you all abundantly. What a huge blessing you have been to Duncan’s life and to our own as well.

No comments: