Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Mugged!

Hello friends and family!

Below are excerpts from a long email from John Chengo. We are sponsoring John to go to med school. Last week I sent him school fees to cover this semester and he was mugged later the same day! Unfortunately he had all the money with him and they took it! Thankfully, he was not hurt. Read below for more.

We need to raise $2000 as soon as possible to keep John in school! The school has allowed him to return given the circumstances, even though schools in Kenya normally do not allow students who haven’t paid to attend classes.

So please help us if you can. Send checks to INTERCEDE, PO Box 2788, Mesilla Park, NM 88047.

And pray for John! As he writes below, he is “confused and down”.


Hallo Bro Jaime. Let me take this time to thank the Almighty for preserving my life. Every one is well and as I type this message am with Ziro and Dad here at Kilifi.

I thank God for the money you sent from Intercede for my schooling, but something terrible happened and am afraid because it has totally confused us here. On 1st I went to Kilifi at around 2pm to collect the fees and Ziro gave me the amount as stated in the fees structure. I signed and confirmed that it was the correct amount of money. We ate together with Masha and Katsuki and after praying, I left.

On reaching the bus stage at Kilifi I wanted to board a gari to Msabaha to see my dad so that I can get some money for fare to school and pocket money. While I was standing at the stage, 2 men asked if I could show them the District Commissioner’s office. I crossed the road with them and entered into their van. Instead of taking the DC's way, they took the Mombasa road and when I intervened, one of them drew a gun and forced me to lie facing down on the seat. They searched me and robbed me of the whole amount of fees, my phone, and other 500 shillings. They kept on discussing in a language not known to me and took me round while threatening to kill me. They took me around all through the night to a very far place I was not able to identify and at about 5 am in the morning they let me free. I reached the main road and rushed to Mtwapa police station. The Police assisted me to communicate to family members and friends.

Ndugu yangu, am glad with only one thing, that they did not touch my life. I saw death but God turned it to something that he knows best. Please pray for me cause am still not stable. I believe that God has a precious purpose for my life and that’s why he decided to protect it.

Thank you very much, tell my friends to pray for me cause am so confused and down.
Bye Bro.

No comments: